Now Family-Friendly!

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Just another disgrace upon myself and my family

Well, the other day, me and a bunch of my friends went bowling and yadda yadda this week I'm probably going to have to wear a dress in public.

Here's the yadda yadda:

So we're getting ready to bowl and Boo suggests that we make some sort of bet on the game. It seemed that everyone else was hesitant about it so I, of all people, seconded the idea. Seeing as none of us had any money, we decided that the terms of the bet would be that whoever won got to make the loser do whatever the winner wanted. Again, being the dimwit that I am, I seconded it. At this point I thought for sure that I wouldn't even have anything to do with the end result of the bet. I mean, what are the chances that I would either be the best or worst bowler out of everyone there? Next to zero. Once again, the principles of statistics have screwed me.

I've figured it out now what happened but at the time I had no idea. You see, Boo was actually sabotaging me throughout the entire game. She even, at one point, tricked me into distracting Trevor (her only real competition) on his turn. Meanwhile, she grabbed a ball and threw it in the gutter thus drastically affecting his score for the worse. This one act changed the whole outcome of the game.

So anyway, Boo ended up winning and by some fluke I lost. At this point I just wanted to get the bet over with as easily and quietly as possible. I looked at Boo and she gave me the evil eye. I knew it was gonna be bad. I haven't done it yet, but probably this week I'm going to have to stand on a street corner, wearing a dress and holding a sign that probably says something degrading. Well, I knew that at some point in my life I would be walking around in public wearing women's clothing, I just didn't think that it was going to happen so soon. I'm sure the press is going to have a field day with it too.

I just don't understand how the bet could've backfired like that. I mean, it even says in the Bible that betting is okay. Where does it say that in the Bible you ask? um...somewhere in the back. But the point is that, once again, after I've finally gathered the tattered remains of my reputation which had been ruined from my last public humiliation, someone makes me go and do something like this. AND TOTALLY REDEEM MYSELF!!!

Anyway, boo, if you're reading this, no hard feelings. But I hope you know that this means war.

1 comment:

Aunt Rachel said...

My friend once lost a bet and we made him dress up as a Hare Krishna and beg for money at LAX. If you ever need a dress, maybe I can let you borrow one from Darren's Aunt Tom.