Now Family-Friendly!

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

He's evil, but he'll die, so I like it.

Last sunday, sacrament meeting was really good. I enjoyed it a lot. I like Brother Robinson when he talks because he can be funny but really teach at the same time. Sometimes the "regular" kind of speakers just get on my nerves. I mean, they just get so boring sometimes. I guess it's my fault that they're boring to me, but still, if they're going to speak monotonically, couldn't they at least change their tempo a bit from time to time? One thing that's different about Bro. Robinson and people like him is that they are very down to earth and understand not only the rules of things, but the purpose also. It seems like a lot of people just resort to cliches and vague scriptures to explain things. I notice this the most during the priesthood talks given by a teacher or deacon. During the last one, I realised that most likely not a single person was benefitting from them giving that talk. I mean, no one was listening. Seriously. I guess it had to be helping someone, but I don't know whom.

I really lost my patience when one talk was given that seemed to do nothing but bad-mouth the Catholic church. I can't stand that. And to top it off, I'm sure I heard some things that were entirely and ridiculously untrue about the Catholics. Who is that benefitting, really?
It gets on my nerves sometimes when anyone labels someone for anything and judges them by it. As an example, I would get uneasy if someone called, say, a murderer a bad person. I mean, do they know that person? They don't know why that person did what they did. Everyone always has a reason for what they do. And I say, as long as they have a reason for whatever they do, leave them alone about it. Of course, people have to go to jail so they don't hurt other people and also to learn from their mistakes and get a nice boyfriend and everything, but this has nothing to do with what kind of person they are.

A lot of people get really worked up about the whole "judge righteous judement" thing. I don't know why it's such a sensitive subject. The way I see it, it means that you should judge people for your own good. It's like, most people wouldn't go and hang out with a bunch of violent and insane killers. One could argue that that person was showing prejudice for their actions. That's like calling cautious and smart prejudice. But then again, there are people who take this too far. The best example of this I can think of would be the whole racial thing. But I digress.

It's kind of a roundabout way of saying it, but I just don't like having to listen to mindless and idiotic talks in priesthood. Maybe I shouldn't expect so much from people. Maybe I should quit writing blogs when I don't have anything to really say. Maybe you all need to shut up.


Post script: I do realise how ironic it is that I go on ranting about not judging people while I do it all the time. However, because I realise it and accept it, it is no longer a bad thing. So don't bother commenting on it. Jerks.

2 comments:

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Lousy catholics!

b. robertson said...

You know, Mat6t, uh, isn't it ironic that you go on ranting about not judging people while your doing it all the time? Maybe you just don't realize it.