Now Family-Friendly!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I could really go for some Kylen Spaghetti right now.

Recently I rediscovered my mom's twelve-string guitar and I love it. It's a lot harder to hold down the strings especially for bar chords, but the sound it produces makes me delirious. And to top it off, it's the first acoustic guitar which I have regular access to that has a working strap. I mean, I could stand, holding that guitar and only playing an A minor chord for twenty minutes and I'd be completely consumed in it.

So tonight I was watching t.v. with my mom and I shut my eyes. Then it was weird, because I started snoring, but I was awake and knew what was going on. My mom told me to go to bed, but in protest, I told her how I wasn't asleep and described all that had happened. However, just as I was talking, my dad (who was sitting next to me) started snoring very loudly. And then it hit me that I am someday going to become my dad. It may just be a slight snore or an brief experiment in public spandex-wearing, but someday the process will be complete. I guess it won't be so bad....for me. I just feel sorry for my future family. They're going to have to put up with me eating creamy peanut by the gigantic spoonful, my not being able to understand or not yell at the latest technology, my crazy world-island theories (my dad's actually make some sense to me. Scary), as well as countless unmentionable quirks.

But enough sentimentality, or um, what's the opposite of that? Uhh, hypersentimentality, that's it. Anyway, my brother dave and I are in the process of making a sweet album. We've recorded a bunch of songs and I think they're pretty good. Well, actually most of them are just me on the guitar and him singing about poop, or how much he hates me, or how I should eat my own poop etc. The latest song we recorded was one where he thought it would be a good idea to do a book on tape, but to sing it. Looking around my room, he found the book After the First Death (sorry, I don't know how to underline it) by Robert Cormier. He happened to turn to a page where the first line read, "Kate's thighs were chafed and irritated." He then proceeded to sing that line over and over again until I recorded it. The problem is that when I read that book, I always hear my brother's high and screeching voice instead of my boring monotonic droning voice which I would expect. Yeah, the album is gonna be awesome.

Well, I guess nothing else is worth writing from the Kopf of Karlsven. Now to reminisce about my burning love for Gretchen.

slowly Gretchen, in the wind...

11 comments:

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Liking Gretchen is pretty predictable don't you think? The least you could do is wait until she dumps me before you try to kiss her. Har! Har! Just kidding Mat6t, you're all right.

Marlsven said...

So how's the tennis team doing? Oh, they're dead last? Yeah, but they're having a good season. At least when I join a sports team I make sure that when I suck there are people there to pick up the slack.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

This is why I would never be good in the debate club. I just resort to personal attacks, you jerkstore.

b. robertson said...

Well, I could really go for some Kylen Spaghetti right now. However, they're fresh out of that at Olive Garden, so maybe I'll try that other restaurant...what's it called? Oh yes, Magleby's. I've never been to that restaurant.

Alex Morrise said...

You're sick, Becca.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

You'd really like to dine on a Magleby wouldn't you Becca? Er, make that "dine at Magleby's."

b. robertson said...

You know, when I wrote that comment, I knew it was going to be taken a million different ways, or maybe just one way, but either way, I would get some entertaining responses. And I did.

The truth is, dining AT the Magleby's would be great. Though I really don't feel like dining ON one. Awkward.

You're sick, Alex. or did you get well?

Marlsven said...

I think WE should MAKE a RULE against capitalizing WORDS in our COMMENTS. It's GETTING really ANNOYING.

b. robertson said...

You know Mat6t, I wasn't going to take that comment personally, but then I noticed that out of all these comments, mine is the only one with CAPITALIZED WORDS NOT AT THE BEGINNING OF A SENTENCE! Thanks for that.

Marlsven said...

Actually I wouldn't have said anything except that I read the comments on your "Ode" blog and a bunch of them (not all yours) did the same thing. Once I saw that one on my blog I lost control.

But I'm okay now. CAPITALIZE ALL YOU WANT.

b. robertson said...

THANKS