Now Family-Friendly!

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I should be allowed to think.

I'm sorry becca, but that poster that you didn't like was probably one of the best ones made. And why did kylen get so preachy about it anyway? See, the problem was that you guys had already decided that the poster was inappropriate before you even knew what it meant. Then when I told you guys, in order to not look dumb, you didn't even try to accept the idea. Seriously, what's the deal?

In case someone who hasn't seen that poster, it had the word "MAT6T" written really big, and then underneath it and smaller it said, "now that I have your attention, vote for sex." See, because it has been popular to write "SEX" in really big letters and then "now that I have your attention..."

The only reason ANYONE disapproved of that poster was because they didn't understand it before someone explained it too them. Everyone who understood it right when they saw it thought it was funny and perfectly fine. See, when you reference something and make fun of it, it is funny. But when people don't recognize what is referenced and why it is funny, they assume it's stupid or inappropriate or whatever. And the truth is there was NOTHING wrong or inappropriate with that poster. I think kylen just takes me too seriously. I mean, I like being taken seriously and everyone should and needs to be taken that way. The problem is that kylen (and several other people) take me seriously in the wrong ways.

I guess I'm just a little frustrated with the way you guys handled it when you saw the poster. You all ganged up on me and ASSUMED things. I hate it when people assume. The whole situation reminded me about the people who don't eat chocolate or drink coke or whatever because they think it's a commandment. There's nothing wrong with doing things like that, but it bothers me when people try to enforce their beliefs on other people. The thing that bothered me most besides the assumptions that were made was that kylen threatened to take it down if I put it up. What's up with that? What happened to freedom of speech and expression? I understand that if something isn't appropriate or if it's against the rules then it cannot be put up, but the poster was perfectly fine. I don't care what you guys assumed, I didn't break any rules. You have an opinion and you're entitled to that, but you're not entitiled to infringe on the rights of others. You guys have to understand that just because you disapprove of something that it doesn't make it wrong.

I don't really have anything against you, becca, because you did nothing wrong. As I recall, you just told me what you thought and gave me advice to not put the poster up, and I respect that. But kylen just took it too far. I could go on for hours, (and it looks like I already have) but I have to go to bed.

To sum up: Kylen is a big big poopy pants/head.

8 comments:

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

"You have an opinion and you're entitled to that, but you're not entitled to infringe on the rights of others," says the son of George Karlsven. Just kidding, but remember when he was talking to that woman from Jordan on the Gondola? Good times. You know what happens when you assume...

Kacy said...

So. . . is it too late for me to get tickets to They Might Be Giants in Springville? I can't find them online anywhere. Please advise.

Regarding the "poster incident," don't let the Man get you down.

b. robertson said...

Well, that was a pretty interesting conversation to witness between you and Kylen. However, I didn't get the poster until you explained it. Then it was funny. I was just worried that there would be too many people like me in the school who needed an explanation, if that makes sense. But I do have to say that I was proud of Kylen for saying what he thought. I mean, you've got to give him that, he wasn't holding back, and there's something to be admired about that. I'm really sorry that we made you so upset though. That wasn't our intent. But you're cool, and I still like you...especially since you were sleeping on the top of Alex's car after school. amazing.

Christian F said...

I think that poster sounds sexy.

Alex Morrise said...

S-E-X-X-Y

b. robertson said...

Alex?

Marlsven said...

X because it's extra baby. Y because it's extra baby.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Hoo-hoo! It's a TMBG joke. I get jokes.