Now Family-Friendly!

Monday, April 18, 2005

Purple's a fruit.

This afternoon I decided to check my grades on the internet just for fun. There's no harm in a little boost of self-confidence and reassurance, right? I typed in my password and everything and clicked to log in. I then went out for some groceries, read a book, and finished contemplating the meaning of life when the page had almost finished loading. I looked, expecting all A's and B's when I saw a big fat F for my english grade.
Surely this is some mistake, I thought as I opened that class up to see what mistake Ms. Snyder had made with my grade. And there it was. 3 failed quizzes right in a row. And worst of all, I remember failing those quizzes and knowing that I got what I deserved. I hate that. And this is why I don't check my grades very often.

It's like when my dad keeps bugging me to get my Eagle.
He always says, "If you get it done, you won't have to worry about it."
And I always say back, "Well, I'm not worrying about it now, so what's the point?"

I guess there isn't really a point to most of the stuff I do except to take up my time. Most of the time when I do something it's because I had nothing better to do at the time. Like with all my student government ordeals. Last year, when I ran for Junior Vice President (I lost miserably, of course) the only thing that got me to run was that I found a paper on the floor that talked about it, and I wasn't doing anything better at the time so I decided to run. I also wanted to prove that I could beat out Erp, but did we really need an entire election to prove that? No, I think the constant degradation of him would have, and is doing just fine.

I have this impulse to always get any paper anyone is passing out, even if I have no idea what it is, and also I have to sign any paper that is placed in front of me. Because of this and my consistent inconsistencies, I am signed up for dozens of clubs and activities, but no one knows who the heck I am because I never show up. But I figure that I'm just as good as anyone who is committed and sticks to something. They go all out and work hard, and I sign up for a bunch of stuff. Tomato, Tomato.

I actually had plans to change my ways for track. I was ready to show up every day without fail. I got there the first day and the coaches explained that to be a half-decent athlete, you had to work hard and be committed and listen to Coach Olsen. I immediately decided right then that I was not going to be a half-decent athlete. And today, I am proud to say that I weasled my way out of the track meet to which I was supposed to go. haha, take that, floyd.

And don't get me started on Floyd. Let's just agree that he is insane and he smells funny.

THE END

3 comments:

Eric Petersen said...

Its only degrading if the person accepts it as such. Which I do :(

b. robertson said...

well that's the saddest thing i have ever heard...

Alex Morrise said...

What? The fact that Eric is the kind of a person who makes faces out of ASCII characters?