Now Family-Friendly!

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Sleeping is the gateway drug to being awake

I guess I have to tell alex to get well. Even though he has already been getting better without any encouragement from me. And now whenever I say "get well soon" to someone it seems like I'm being sarcastic, and maybe I am. This is just because in seminary I would never know what to write on someone's spotlight paper, so I would just put 'get well soon' every time. It was, and still is, a running gag.

I took the ACT and it wasn't too bad. This stupid kid in the classroom asked me and rob if we've ever taken it before and subsequently asked what our GPA's were. He then proceeded to ask every person in the classroom those same two questions. He also was able to slip in a few awkwardly-uttered swear words (much like that one kid at track who also owns a $5000 pokemon card but won't show it to anyone). He was an idiot, but he'll die, so it wasn't too bad.

I bought a video with 14 They Might Be Giants music videos on it. It's pretty awesome. I was especially excited to see that the Tiny Toons videos of Particle Man and Istanbul (not Constantinople) were on it. The Johns are geniuses.

hmmm....what can I blather on about? Oh yeah, so I went to the doctor yesterday for my leg. He says that he hopes that it's just from a lack of electrolites (which I personally don't think really exist at all) but he says that it seems like some kind of clot is blocking the blood. They took some blood for "testing." I'm a little suspicious about the legitimacy of this reason. I thought I saw one of them wearing a red cross tee shirt. But anyway, I'll probably have to go back so they can do an ultrasound or something on my leg. I'm scared. I mean, I'm not ready to have a kid. Well, I guess now there's an excuse for a shotgun wedding. This is awesome! Finally, things are looking up for Mat6t. I wonder what I'll name it.

12 comments:

Rivers is my hero said...

how about nate?
since you enjoyed pulling a "nate" a few days ago, it would seem appropriate.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

What does that mean?

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Trying to kiss a girl and getting shut down? That doesn't happen to me often enough for it to be called "pulling a Nate." In fact, if it were to be named after someone you would call it pulling a Mat6t, but that would be lame because it's only happened once to him. Once it happens to someone, oh, say 20 times, then you can name it after them. Getting a polite "no" to the prom multiple times is called "pulling a Jon Fuller." Having, like, 6 girls all like you at the same time is called "pulling an Alex," which ironically is what they all want to do.

Also he would name his baby Nate only if he didn't get shut down. You can't get shut down and still have a baby. It doesn't work that way. You see, Luke, when a mommy and a daddy love eachother very much...

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Wait! This just in! Maybe I'm wrong about it happening to Mat6t only once! Sources say that it may have even happened twice! Mat6t, is this true? If so, I think it would be a really good idea to elaborate your publicly visable blog! Rather, publicly visable, blog?

Marlsven said...

Twice? Who have you been talking to? Whoa, I'm getting talked about without my knowledge! Looks like I just pulled an EVERY PERSON WHO EVER LIVED.

But seriously, what is this twice business? Whatever it is I don't recall it.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Caitlin said that Danny said... ah, never mind. Danny doesn't know anything.

Alex Morrise said...

Six at the same time? Nate, I think you're thinking "one" at the same time, and that was in third grade, when this girl kept following me around all the time at recess. I haven't seen her for years, and I ain't sad.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

I can think of three just off the top of my head, Alex, and I'm sure there are more.

Olivia said...

well this is weird. and i dont know how i got on here, but randomly here i am. whoa. children eh? thats... cute. dont die. your leg. oh no. your leg. who broke what?

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

You got here randomly? That's incredible!

officer turner said...

You are right. Electrolytes are a myth.

Alex Morrise said...

You have three girls on the top of your head?