Now Family-Friendly!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I'd rather be whistling in the dark...

This morning I woke up to the sounds of thunder and rain. I sat up and put my feet on the ground and heard the splashing of my feet into a puddle of water on the floor of my room. I immediately realized I was dreaming. I had had this dream before and I was now pondering whether when I woke up I would try and wash the sheets or to just throw them out. Curse my mom for buying the discount sheets that didn't have the plastic layer included.

Actually, I wasn't dreaming, and my room was flooded from the rain we got last night. I got up and saw that the flooding was coming from the infamous back door in my room. I saw that the water was spreading and getting on all of my stuff. I quickly began throwing all my stuff that was on the floor onto my bed. But the more stuff I moved out of the way, the quicker the water spread. It soon became a sort of stuff triage. I had to decide which items were the more valuable and the least damaged which I would save, and which ones would have to stay on the floor and protect the rest of my room to the bitter end.

My mom later recounted that she awoke to some sort of scraping sound. She came downstairs and saw me there shivering in my spongebob boxershorts trying to scoop out the water with a pitcher. Luckily, Guy came over with a super powerful vacuum that could suck up the water and was guaranteed to suck a full-grown man's scalp off if set right. Apparently Guy had already tried that one.

So yeah, this whole day we've been fanning out my room, not to dry the carpet, but Guy let one rip in my room and we were afraid to light a match for fear of deadly explosion. Oh man, I've managed to go for so long without a joke like that in my blog, and now the streak is ended. Well, all except for the one in Guy's pants. Zing! Man, I'm on a roll.

6 comments:

The Amazing Spider-Fan said...

I hope my soul didn't get waterlogged, cause I kinda promised it to a lot of other people... scary people.

Alex Morrise said...

Matt, that was an awful reference at the beginning. I never thought you'd sink that low. Shame on you, sir.

Marlsven said...

wait, what reference? you mean the title. Well, I couldn't think of anything relevant for the title and I was getting the tabs for that song when I was writing this blog.

b. robertson said...

I was awakened by similar effects as well. Due to the leak in our roof, the water was pouring down into my living room all over my slumber party. We all stood up screaming because we were wet and getting hit by hail pellets. Then the roof started caving in and a 2" by 4" landed on my head giving me a concusion that made me forget who I was, what country I was in, and why I was wearing pink pajama pants with a black overcoat...

ok not really. I just didn't have anything else to say. Sorry about your room Matt.

Alex Morrise said...

No, Mat6t. You know what I'm talking about.

Rivers is my hero said...

Yeah mat6t, you KNOW what he's talking about.