Now Family-Friendly!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I'm so tired

So I guess I was supposed to write and orchestrate a song for some crappy musical the music theory class is putting on. But instead of writing it or doing anything I decided to fall asleep on the couch around 4:30 and not wake up until about ten minutes ago (approximately 10 p.m.). Usually if I forget to do something like this I would be really tense and stressed out because I know people are depending on me and stuff. But I'm pretty sure no one else did their assignments so I'm not going to worry about it. Well, even if they did do their assignments I still wouldn't worry about it. Does it make me a jerk if I never worry about stuff like that? In the opinion of some, yes. But I won't worry about it.

Oh man, I feel like I'm in that one twilighty show about that zone. I still haven't seen another living soul since I've woken up. I hate it when I sleep in or stay out too late just once and then my whole sleeping pattern is totally screwed up. It used to be fine where I'd get to sleep around 3 a.m and wake up around 6:30 a.m every day. It may not have been the "recommended" amount of sleep, but at least I was consistent. Now that's all gone. I get home from school and fall asleep within 1 or 2 hours, usually waking up 4-6 hours later. This then causes the problem of not being able to sleep at night. But maybe that's not such a bad thing. I mean, usually not sleeping at night really really sucks a lot, but last night I was laying in bed wide awake until around 4:30 am and I couldn't have been more comfortable. It was pretty sweet.

One sleepless night that was on the opposite side of the spectrum was not too long ago. I was only up until about 2, but it seriously felt like every five minutes that passed was about 2 hours long. For some reason I had this one They Might Be Giants line stuck in my head, "Sleeping is the gateway drug to being awake." It kinda just depressed me, but it's from a great song of theirs so it wasn't so bad.

A Salt Lake Tribune pen to anyone who can name that song.

10 comments:

The Amazing Spider-Fan said...

Salt Lake Tribune, pshhhh. I’d tell you for a Deseret News.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Spider-Man is a gateway drug for the Punisher.

b. robertson said...

Wearing a Raincoat.

Marlsven said...

We have a winner! I'm sorry to say that I think you probably used google or an equivalent to find that, Becca. Oh well, I'll deliver that pen as soon as possible.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Those pens are nice.

b. robertson said...

You didn't give any restrictions to how someone found the answer. I will be expecting that pen pronto.

Marlsven said...

Are you happy now? I needed that pen. I really did.

b. robertson said...

HA! I used it to take my spanish test. I think I did well, so maybe it's my lucky new lucky pen that I got on Friday the 13th.

Alex Morrise said...

Drat! I wish I would've read this sooner! I knew that answer! Of course, I only knew because you told me recently on the way home from school, but still! Exclamation point!

Alex Morrise said...

And here's the question: where did this title come from? All I can think of is The White Album.