Now Family-Friendly!

Sunday, May 22, 2005

This is the kind of place I've always dreamt of being kicked out of.

In case any of you are wondering why that blond lanky kid who annoys so many at school wasn't there on thursday or friday, well, I don't know. But in unrelated news, my family and I left on thursday morning to San Diego for my brother Joe's wedding and got back today (sunday). There is so much to tell and talk sarcastically of, but for time and laziness's sake, I won't go into very much detail.

The 12 hour car ride down actually wasn't too bad. We rented a van that had air conditioning to drive down there, but had to forfeit all but about 2 inches of leg room for it. During that time, I read, slept a little, and watched movies on my brothers laptop. Blah blah blah, we finally got to our motel at around 11 pm.

I just wanted to go to sleep, but for some reason, all our relatives that were there thought it would be a good idea to go to the sizzler or something. Terrible idea. We drove around in a convoy of 4 cars looking for somewhere that was open. Nothing was. Finally we ended up going to Jack-in-the-Box. Worst food ever. I don't think I'm ever going to go there again. I guess each separate section of the meal was good on its own. But when you ate the fries and then a burger and then have a drink in any order, it tastes terrible. The night ended up with me just sticking fries down my sister's drink straw while she wasn't looking. Quite hilarious.

Oh yeah, one more thing at dinner. My Grandpa was there. My Grandpa. Man, I could write a whole blog about him. But it would be really boring. Anyway, he has the funniest and weirdest-sounding laugh ever. And he's a little senile. When my brother Mike and his wife first heard him, they just started laughing so hard. Like bright red-faced and convulsing laughter. They didn't want to make Grandpa feel bad, so they pretended they were laughing at my sister. She cried herself to sleep that night.

The Day of the Wedding:
I couldn't go into the temple because I'm not old enough or whatever and...I've done some things I'm not proud of while my band was on tour. Good times marching band was. Anyway, I had to be in the waiting room for a couple hours while it was all happening. Finally people start coming out of the temple. Everyone except my brother and his probable wife. Everyone started theorizing what was going to happen next.

"I heard they were coming out over there."

"I think they're going to walk down that pathway."

"I heard they were going to be launched out of a giant cannon."

I really said that last one. No one around me knew who I was so they kind of laughed unconfidently or pretended they didn't hear me. I scowled at them. Finally, the moment arrived. My brother Joe and my new sister-in-law Meagan, came out.
This is it? I thought. I had seen my brother basically every day before, and now we drive 12 hours across blistering deserts in a smelly car and sleep in a dank just to see him again? I guess it wasn't too bad....until the photographer came into play. I hate wedding photograpers, and I always will. On these such occasions, it's the only time people have to treat photographers with respect, and they automatically take advantage of this. So in the main picture of everyone, he was getting us all posed right. It's taking a long time so I decide to pull out my game boy to pass the time. And get this, the photographer tells me to put it away! What a jerk.

When Meagan was walking around in her wedding dress, I noticed something peculiar. Several little kids were holding the back of her dress. My first impression was to warn Meagan of the kids trying to steal her dress. Then I realised what they were doing. They were trying the old Look-up-the-bride's-dress ploy. Why hadn't I thought of that. It was confirmed what they were doing when I saw the one boy of the group look up from his task with a big smile on his face. Pervert.

It was a pretty good trip and there were several other things not really worth mentioning, but worth blogging about, but this blog is running-on a little long as is this sentence. Oh yeah, the maid service really sucked at the motel, so I managed to blow my nose on some towels. It felt really good.

I look forward to catching up on what I missed these last four days in the blogging world. Well, not really, but still.

Recommended crayon: Non-toxic

5 comments:

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

I've always dreamt of blowing my nose on a towel. I'll try it out when I go to Kelli's wedding this summer. Lousy Texas, I should just blow my nose on the whole freakish state.

Rivers is my hero said...

Hilarious. Mat6t when you took the US History final, you didn't read the last question first that said to awnser ONLY the last question, nothing else, did you? Poor vain fool. Nothing much was missed, and every class is over, Except for ENGLISH! A quiz in Snyder's, less than 24 hrs. before grades are due. I wonder how she's going to pull that off?
Are TMBG tickets still on sale? I really want to go.

Eric Petersen said...

Oh great, Sech boy is back.

The Amazing Spider-Fan said...

Jack in the Box: gross, are you kidding? They have deep fried tacos there, lettuce and all. My grandpa looks just like that old guy in that one Pixar movie who plays chess with himself... and he often plays chess with himself.

b. robertson said...

We just watched that chess clip in English. It was a lot funnier than I had remembered. If my gramps did that, I'd just sit and watch him and I would be fully entertained.