Now Family-Friendly!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

When I say it isn't, you say it's not.

I was trying to end this school year on a good note with no hard feelings with anyone, but I now know there is no hope for this. I don't get it. I've been basically passive and quiet all year long and didn't raise my voice in any class other than journalism. After all that, is it actually possible that anyone could dislike me? I know, it seems impossible, but still. I guess it's true that some people are just naturally born idiots. And if ever you encounter one of these idiots, just keep reading their blog, and if they want to hide behind a bookcase in 8th period English class, let them. Anyway, enough self-pity.

So yeah, the bookcase reference. That happened today. I had missed a quiz in my 2nd period english class and snyder wouldn't let me make it up, even though I had told her I would be gone that day before I left and she said I would be able to make it up. I then asked if I could take it in 8th period and she said no because there were no desks open. So I decided to sneak into 8th period anyway and hide behind a little bookcase. So I was sitting all curled up on the hard tile floor for the majority of the period waiting for her to give the quiz. She never did. So that sucked. At the end of the period I simply got up from my hiding place and walked out. At that point I had the strenuous task in front of me to explain the 8th period why I was there. I couldn't bear those accusing faces looking at me.

"Why are you here, Mat6t?" one said.

"Aren't you supposed to be in seminary?" said another.

"Mat6t, you're so stupid. Why do you always come to our class?!" said another.

"I hate you and you smell bad and you're a big idiot!"

Well, that last one I said to Ms. Snyder. Actually I just would've liked to have said it to her. And I would've if I weren't so tired this morning. See, I'm holding myself back all the time. Doesn't all that repression and anger-bottling deserve more than a C? I'm glad I stole all those Prentice Hall Literature books. Wait, I gave those back. Crap!

14 comments:

The Amazing Spider-Fan said...

There’s still hope for that Prentice Hall book you left at my house. (Unless that no-good, do-goodin’; Alex returned it.)

b. robertson said...

I definately saw Alex with a very over sized back-pack that he claimed was full of your textbooks he had to return. This included 3 of the same US History books. Why 3, I wonder?

Rivers is my hero said...

Poor Mat6t. Keine Sechs fur Sechs.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Our locker is full of stolen textbooks. Oh well. Yesterday before leaving I ripped up a copy of grapes of wrath in the parking lot.

b. robertson said...

You dork. That's the only hard cover book and that's the one you chose to rip up and get fined for? Way to be, Nate. Way to be. I am not sure you've learned your lesson about criminal activities yet.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

I won't get fined for it because it was stolen, not checked out.

b. robertson said...

I should have figured. Criminal mastermind at work.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Speaking of mastermind, my brilliant pro bono uncle got me down from a class A misdemeanor to a class B which hopefully means I won't have to pay as much! Sector 9 Carbon Fiber longboard, here I come!

Marlsven said...

oh yeah, I looked up on that. Apparently you won't have to pay as much money, but you're looking at 10 to 15 years in prison. You'd better start learning how to ride double on that longboard.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Nah, it's just a white collar prison with congigal visits. Cha-ching!

Rivers is my hero said...

Nate ALREADY knows how to ride double on a longboard. Cha-Ching!

Kactiguy said...

Oh poor sad little Mat6t with a silent 6. I worry about all of this hiding and stealing.. and hiding. This reveals so much about you.

Free to Be said...

Ok Mat6, I came over from Opinionista to check out your blog.

Not bad for a young man such as yourself. Some of the entries seem unorganized, but I got the point.

Keep it up.

Kacy said...

What if the point is to seem unorganized? What if the apparent disorganization belies a brilliant organizational scheme that only a genius, nay, a mastermind could create?

Not bad indeed.