Now Family-Friendly!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Mein Poodle Hat ist weg, Wiebke! Part 2

So I went to fantastic sams to get a haircut today. There was about a 20 minute wait so I sat down and tried to resist the urge to pick up one of their magazines. After about 5 minutes this really tall gangly guy came in. I couldn't see his face but when he told the lady his name I knew who it was.

"Hey Patrick." I said very relaxed like. Just in case it wasn't who I thought it was, he would think I was talking to the Guns and Ammo magazine I was holding.

But it was Patrick. So that was cool. He graduated 2 years ago so I don't see him very often. He sat next to me so we could talk and catch up on things.

"So, how's your sister doing?" he said.

"She's still in Idaho."

"Oh."

Then he walked off.

But the real point of this blog is to tell of how I totally tricked the haircut lady into thinking I was grown up. It was awesome. She had a bad habit of asking me questions and then not giving me time to answer them. She asked what I was doing for July 4th and I started to say how I was going to watch fireworks with my family. She assumed I was just visiting my family for it. She asked if I had a job. I said no, but that I needed one to save up for my mission. She assumed I had already graduated from high school. Then she asked if it was very hard to travel and visit my family. I said it wasn't too bad because I live pretty close.

All was going well. She completely thought I was a lot older than I am. But then she said that the other, more attractive and less ugly haircut-lady person was interested in me when I walked in. I wasn't ready for this. I mean, I'm just a kid. I'm not ready for a relationship based on a lie! So, in order to avoid any conflict that could ensue, I immediately turned red after her comment and laughed uncomfortably. Then, of course, I began to drool a lot and at the end of the haircut, I asked for a "wauwy pop."

I've learned a valuable lesson today. Never pretend to be someone you aren't, because those poor hair salon people just don't know any better. And above all, avoid getting the ugly hairdresser that sings along to country on the radio while she cuts your hair. ugh.

21 comments:

Lorien said...

You are my hero.

b. robertson said...

Did they give you a "wauwy pop?"

Eric Petersen said...

The husband didn't beg and scream for you to take his wife away from him? Good ol' Mat6t, he's no homewrecker.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Mat6t's wrecked plenty of homes. You didn't tell the lady that you had a gig that night? We need to spend some time learning fire-themed songs like, C'mon baby light my fire, ring of fire, and burn one down.

Kactiguy said...

You need a "man" barbershop. On my mission we always went to a great one. Man-mur's had the barber shop pole, uniforms and a concluding head massage and it was run exclusively by men. Really old men...I mean really old. Upside: they never picked up on me. Downside: they were really, really, really old. The length of haircut depended greatly on the lenght of the story they told you. Pray for the short story and someone besides ole shakyhands.
Might explain my lack of hair.

Marlsven said...

Maybe I will switch to a barbershop. I saw one on University Avenue that was advertising haircuts for $6.99! I'm paying 10.95 at Fantastic Sams for basically the same thing. Outrageous!

The Amazing Spider-Fan said...

But what are you really paying for.

The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins said...

Yeah, that $6.99 one is the one where Phil's mom cuts. She's one hot tamale.

Lorien said...

I also used to have a girl who wore a bikini while she cut my hair. Va Va Voom!

Lorien said...

Whoops. Now you REALLY wonder about me, eh? Actually, that was Guy making that comment logged in as me. I just think Miss Bikini Girl would have gotten very itchy.

b. robertson said...

Mat6t, I was just at this party and like 5 of the people there, non bloggers mind you, read your blog, and all of ours actually. but your was voted the overall favorite. It was crazy.

Marlsven said...

wow, that's pretty awesome. I think I should get some kind of trophy or prize money or something, or at least a wauwy pop.

b. robertson said...

Well, I can't do anything about the money or trophy, but you should get something. I'll see what I can do.

Rivers is my hero said...

Affection?

b. robertson said...

Not likely. I was leaning more towards the wauwy pop...

The Amazing Spider-Fan said...

I could make a "gettin' some" joke here, but that would be beneath me.

Rivers is my hero said...

Rob got some!

b. robertson said...

Rob got some wauwy pops? Well send one over to Mat6t, unless you ate them all already.

Rivers is my hero said...

Not some, "Some!"

b. robertson said...

It's time for a new blog Mat6t. Just thought you should know.

Kactiguy said...

Or a new haircut.