Now Family-Friendly!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Last MTC Email

Hello Family!

There are many places in the MTC where everyone around you is intensely focused on what they are doing and hate to be interrupted. The computer lab is one of these places. Reading emails from everyone took 9 minutes, so I have 21 left. Thanks for the emails, everyone, they were great to read (skim).

Okay, I got my flight plans. I will be leaving on Tuesday October 14th, and my flight leaves around 8:30 am. Probably won't see Mandy or Kaylee. Dang it.

All the packages and letters are VERY appreciated. I think I have received more packages than all the other missionaries in my district combined. I especially liked the pumpkin mom sent me along with Halloween decorations. We won't be here for Halloween, but I enjoyed decorating the room, much to the chagrin of my roommates, anyway. Because the MTC wisely made all the windows to the Elders' residences permanently shut, I cannot go through with my original plans for the pumpkin (I'm on the fourth floor, by the way). But painting it will be fun to do later today.

In answer to a question Jarred had, I do go to the RC. It's a place where we either make or receive calls to people who have requested free DVDs, Bibles or Mormon Books from pass along cards or commercials of the church. Some days I love it, some days I hate it. Talking to people from the South about how much they love Jesus and the Bible makes my day every time. They are ususally more than happy to have missionaries come over, so I send the missionaries their address. I wonder how those visits turn out. The days I hate the RC are the ones where I make calls for 2 hours and only get answering machines. Terrible.

There's also a place called the TRC (I was never good at remembering what acronyms stand for) where we teach people from around Provo who volunteer to come in and pose as investigators. This is always good. Especially when they are ostensibly an investigator who has heard nothing about the church, but ask questions out of the blue like "So you're saying the Godhead are all separate, but one in purpose?" A question like this would happen when we would be teaching them about the Word of Wisdom or some other thing like that. I hope real investigators will be like this.

I apologize if my writing isn't up to par, but you must realize that there's a big timer in the top right hand corner of the screen, so I always feel rushed and pressured. That's what count downs do to people, you know.

Um, let's see, anything else you all want to know?

Gym is good. I play basketball or volleyball or 4-square usually. The other day my good friend Elder Ward broke his ankle playing volleyball and will be here for at least 4 more weeks. His expression was priceless when he received his travel plans the other day telling him he would have left with us on Tuesday. Poor guy.

Well, 4 minutes left. I love you all, and hope you're doing well. Keep the emails and letters coming when possible.

Love,

Elder Karlsven

No comments: