Now Family-Friendly!

Thursday, January 01, 2009

December 16th email

Dear Family,

Yesterday morning while I was cooking breakfast, the power went out. And the town is so small that when your power goes out, you can be sure the power is out for everyone. We couldn't do our laundry or email home or anything, so that's why I'm late this week.

I love the ending of The Testaments. You can feel the Spirit so much, and then 2 seconds later it's over. We watched it on Sunday at the Meyer family's home and brought a family we're teaching, the Brachos, with us. The movie ended, someone turned on the lights, and many of us quickly tried to wipe our tears, hiding the embarrassing notion of having felt the Spirit, ha. It was a great experience - the members here are such a blessing to us, and I am so grateful for the Brachos. Most every time we stop by the Brachos, they feed us and we have great lessons and conversations. I can't say enough good things about them. We love them, and it will be hard to leave them when I get transferred.

We go to the temple on Thursday, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's like a guaranteed good spiritual experience. The whole mission is going up on buses, and then having dinner together afterward. Lots of fun.

I'm very excited to get the Christmas Eve recording. That "Were you there?" song always hits the emotions.I have been so blessed by our family. So much love and good examples. Have a Merry Christmas, everyone!

Love,

-Elder Karlsven

No comments: