Now Family-Friendly!

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Gettin' Close to Clint Himself 02/05/2009

Family,

Some have asked how the Pinewood Derby went. I apologize that I forgot to mention that it is customary in missionary work for all plans to fall through at the last minute, even Pinewood Derbies. At first I was bummed when we found out our investigators couldn't make it, but the next day, I found out that many of the adults (members of the church) at the activity brought much contention when the cars they "helped" their sons make didn't do well.

We just had a pleasant chat with a man named Don Heitkotter whose claim to fame is painting a painting featured in a 1970 Clint Eastwood movie. I forget the name of the movie, but the point is that I'm that much closer to teaching the gospel to old Clint himself. But I'm not sure how much Don is going to help out in getting ahold of Clint - Don said that if he ever sees Clint Eastwood again, he's going to punch him out for withholding royalties from him.

I apologize for the lateness of this email - we ran out of time on prep-day and then had two exchanges in a row. One was with the Spanish-speaking elders - so my staying quiet and smiling politely skills came in handy - and the other was with our zone leaders. I went with Elder Boland, our Australian zone leader remembered by most for his sailor's mouth and missing index finger (a tablesaw accident). But I will now always remember him for his pure heart. And the feel of the stump of his finger when I shook his hand.

It's always good to hear from everyone. Take care!

Love,

Elder Karlsven

No comments: