Now Family-Friendly!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Obedience 05/11/09

Dear Family,

For the past 3 months I told Elder DeAngelo a lot about how San Juan Bautista is and about how it was to be a missionary there. For some reason, the weird and more negative stories (strange people, chickens everywhere, small population, etc) were more fun to tell than the positive ones (making good friends, everyone knows you, spiritual lessons, etc). Well, as luck would have it, he just got transferred to San Juan, and I'm sure he's thinking it's not going to go too well. And it's all my fault! Meh.

My new comp is Elder Uelese (Weh-less-ee) from New Zealand. He's a pretty big guy, and he seems pretty solid, especially after the car's rear suspension went down a good 2 inches after he put his dumbells in the trunk. Then another 3 after he got in. I don't know much about him now that I've known him for about an hour. But I've heard a lot of good things about him.

Well, we're off to a pig roast in San Jose. It was great talking to everyone yesterday. Oh yeah, a good excerpt of the phone conversation:

Family: So how is your missionary experience different than you expected?

Becky: One thing is that all missionaries aren't perfectly obedient.

(phone beeps)

Family: Oh, I think that means it's been an hour. How long can your phone call be?

Me: 40 minutes, but that's not that important. Now, let me tell you more about these disobedient missionaries...

I'll talk to you all later. And if you see Nate Perkins or Kenyn Koop, give them a pat on the back or a hearty handshake for me.

Love,

Elder Karlsven

No comments: