Now Family-Friendly!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Companion 07/06/09

Dear Family,

Elder Uelese is headed back to New Zealand with 2 huge suitcases full of clothes he bought here that he will probably re-sell in New Zealand for double the price.

Meanwhile, I'm chilling with my new companion Elder Galletti. He's a Frenchman. However, he doesn't seem to be the stereotypical stuck-up, America-hating, cheese-obsessed person you would expect a French missionary to be. From the 4 hours we've been together, we've already found that both of us ski, both play guitar, and both do not enjoy eating snails. A match made in heaven.

For lunch, he enjoyed the first Whopper he has had in his life. I enjoyed the first Rodeo cheeseburger that I've had in 9 months. This is the beginning of a beautiful companionship.

Apparently most of the San Francisco missionaries had cars, so he is a little bummed that we only get a car 2 days of the week. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he gets on the rickety old Schwinn bike in our apartment. I told him that I will train him for the Tour de France.

So that's the update. Still in Los Altos, but a new companion. I'm sure I'll have some good stories this coming week.

I love you all. Life's a garden - dig it.

Love,

Elder Karlsven

No comments: