Now Family-Friendly!

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

What's the Theme of Tetris Again? 08/31/09

Dear Family,

On Thursday night the Elders Quorum and us missionaries helped a friend of an elder move. I think all 8 or so of the people that came to help work as engineers of some kind. Needless to say, that was the most efficiently filled moving truck you'll ever see. You know how whenever a bunch of things need to be put into a confined space and someone says how it's like playing Tetris? Well, not only was this comparison made several times by several people, but the majority all started humming the Tetris theme music. Hilarious.

Not many funny experiences while knocking doors this week. Yesterday we were doing it in a very Hispanic area. With those who speak little or no English, we offer to watch a video about Jesus with them (The video can be played in several languages, including Spanish). This time, we made the mistake of using this approach during a soccer game. All television sets were occupied.

It's good to hear that the missionaries from the ward are all doing alright. In the ward next to ours, a senior missionary couple, the Hulls, that went to England for a public affairs mission recently returned. I looked through a bunch of their pictures of other missionaries. Unless Luke Rowley gained 150 pounds, I didn't see him in any. Did Luke Rowley gain 150 pounds?

Has anyone heard from Zoram Quintana?

Elder Galletti and I are still doing our thing. I think I'm eating healthier than I ever have in my life. He cooks and teaches me how to cook for a healthy, low-meat diet for lunch. Then we get fed healthy, organic foods for dinner. I'm looking healthier every day, but I feel like I'm betraying my steak and beef-loving heritage.

There will be some good stories to tell next week, I promise.

Love,

Elder Karlsven

P.S. I'm taking a poll on this question - J. Golden Kimball: Great apostle, or the greatest apostle? email answers to mattkarlsven@myldsmail.net

No comments: