Now Family-Friendly!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Testimonies 12/14/09

Dear Family,

Yesterday I attended one of the best sacrament meetings yet on my mission. 3 investigators came too. The Saratoga hand bell choir came and played Christmas songs in between youth speakers. One of the youth that converted to the church about 6 months ago gave a great talk.

There are a lot of elderly people in our ward, but they still help us out a lot with the missionary work. I hope when I'm in my 70's I have as much energy as these people instead of just squabbling with my decrepit old wife. Not saying that their wives are decrepit, but that I expect mine will be.

I was thinking about what I wanted for Christmas. Seeing as we were barely able to fit all the junk I already have in the car for the last transfer, I think I need something else that would actually help me in the work to bless the people I meet and teach out here.

Here's my request:
Option 1
-Will each person who reads this please write how they feel about the Savior, the Book of Mormon, or the prophet Joseph Smith, and how they came to know the truth of these things.
Option 2
-Write how you have come to know of the truth or blessings from living a gospel principle or commandment. Examples could be scripture study, prayer, giving service, paying tithing, following the Word of Wisdom, following the prophet, going to Church, etc.

Just keep things brief and simple. No more than half a page each. Try to especially think of something for Option 2, as some of those things I don't have much personal experiences in. That's something that I really feel will help as we try to help people have the faith to live the gospel and experience the blessings that you all have had. You can send them to my mom (laurelk@provo.edu) or to me (mattkarlsven@myldsmail.net, or

Elder Karlsven
3975 McLaughlin Ave. Suite A
San Jose, CA 95121

Thank you all so much! I love serving the Lord. I can sense that I have become a gospel-nerd, and get way too excited about these things, but I love it.

Merry Christmas, all!

Love,
Elder Karlsven

NOTE FROM BECKY: I"M SURE MATTHEW WOULD STILL LIKE TO GET A COPY OF A TESTIMONY FROM EVERYONE EVEN THOUGH THIS WASN'T POSTED UNTIL MUCH LATER.

No comments: