Now Family-Friendly!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Transfer 12/07/09

Dear Family,

Wow, once you get used to a place, they just pull you somewhere else. I was really surprised when I got the call that I'm getting transferred. It's just like in a movie, where everything is going great, and nothing seems to be able to mess things up, and then something does. I remember writing emails to people with lines such as "I've never been happier on my mission than now," or "I'm definitely going to stay in Salinas for a few more months," or "If I get transferred, I'm going to punch a cat."

Don't worry, our neighbor's cat is fine.

So now I'm in south San Jose, in Almaden. I'm with Elder Valencia, from Dayton, Ohio. He seems cool, and looks like a killer volleyball player. That's all I know about him so far. I'll give some embarrassing details about him later.

I guess it's not so bad to be transferred. It just means that some other missionaries will have to worry about helping our investigators, and I'll just come back for their baptisms. Sweet!

I'm glad that Utah is finally getting some storms. I saw snow in the hills on the drive up to San Jose this morning. It made me homesick, but happy too.

I guess not much more to report. One blessing of being out of Salinas is that I can wear my solid blue Wal-Mart shirt without having to worry about being shot (just kidding, mom).

Have a great week, everyone. I'll tell you about our investigator's next week, if I feel like it.

Love,
Elder Karlsven

P.S. Yes, Elder Munday, the son of Elder Munday of the seventy, is in this mission. I don't know him very well, but he's 6 foot 6 and speaks with an English accent, so his story checks out.

NOTE FROM BECKY: Elder Munday of the seventy spoke at Stake Conference and mentioned that he had a son serving in the San Jose mission. The next day everyone in the family who was there emailed Matthew asking about an Elder Munday.

No comments: