Now Family-Friendly!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Harvest Time 06/01/2010

Dear Family,

I feel like I'm being rewarded for those long months biking around in a white shirt and tie in hot weather, desperately looking for anyone to listen to us.

My new area: Santa Clara ward (just north-west of San Jose). In the past year, about 15 people have been baptized here (the rest of the wards in this stake have baptized 0 to 5 people on average the past year). We have a baptism of a Samoan girl, Genia, on Saturday. We had 8 people we are teaching come to church on Sunday (no other ward had more than 3).

My new companion: Elder Tobler from Layton, Utah. Very humble. Has no hesitations with expressing love and offering help to anyone (including me). Makes delicious crepes. It's easy to teach with him. Compliments me after every lesson we teach. Always looking for ways to become more like Christ.

Do I like my new area and companion? Oh yeah.

Mom asked what cities are in this zone. It includes: Santa Clara, part of Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, and Los Altos. For some reason, it's really weird to be back near a place I've served in before.

Lots of teaching this week. Our zone is hosting the zone conference on Wednesday, so we've been setting things up for that too. Very busy. Busy trying to do meaningful things as a missionary is best. Otherwise being a missionary is SO boring.

So I am very VERY grateful to be in this ward, and I'm thinking I'll be here until I come home. I got no problem with that. Have a great week everyone!

Love,
Elder Karlsven

No comments: